29 October 2012

Cup Cozies and Appliques - Oct 2012

Some of the things I am inspired to make come from people tagging me in pictures on social media sites.  Here are a few items sparked from one such encounter.



Above: Heart Applique fingerless Mitts.  These were made as a raffle donation for a vendor event.  While I was working a pair of fingerless mitts (in pink) I looked at the picture where I had been recently tagged and decided to change course.  Instead of solid pink I decided to incorporate red and play with decorating.  The result was this pair of highly coveted fingerless mitts.

Below: Heart Applique Cup Cozie.  Around the time of the fingerless mitts above, I was in conversation with a lady through a networking group who is interested in cup cozies for her business.  In fact, I believe it was this lady who tagged me in the inspirational picture.  So, between a picture, a pair of fingerless mitts, and the idea of a cup cozie, this particular design was realized.



This flowered cup cozie was the second in line.  I dug out my wool yarn to play with the effect of using different yarn types.  By the time I made the first row I figured the wool cup cozie would need to be felted... so that is exactly what I did.  By felting the wool it creates a tighter appearance to the design and "fluffs" the flower.  Before felting the flower laid flat and after the flower took shape.  I am well pleased with this experiment.


And finally this multi-colored cotton cup cozie came about.  Using the idea of feeling different yarn types and a taller stitch, I originally determined to make a multi-colored base (cozie) and use a solid color for a flower, however I like the multi colored so much I changed my mind on the flower!  Maybe I'll make another one with a solid base and a multi-colored flower.  I like that idea.  

Overall, all three designs for the cup cozies made a great debut.  The lady wanting the cup cozies and her barista couldn't decide which one they liked best!   Although, there is a flowered theme for the "pin-up-girl flavors," so that's likely what we will be going with for future designs. 



I hope you enjoyed this little adventure!


Blessings and Peace!
Tabi

Tabi's Creating Adventures
TabisCreatingAdventures@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/TabisCreatingAdventures
www.etsy.com/TabisCreatingAdven

No comments:

Post a Comment