10 September 2012

Miscellaneous Middles

Some things I found not too long ago are these two rugs and a knit wallet prototype.  The rugs were made several years ago and the knit wallet was made in early this year.  I realized I have not put up a blog post with these items, so here it is!  I hope you enjoy!


This oval rug was an attempt at doing something different.  I never had a oval or round rug before, so I figured I would try.  I think it turned out well.  We are using it in our hallway between the living room and the laundry room.  I think I could make a more colorful one with the yarn I have now.  Maybe I could even make one of actual rug yarn!


As with most of my first attempts, this rectangular rug isn't quite rectangular.  It's more like a trapezoid. Part of what leads to these irregularities is the different sizes of yarns I used in the same project.  In this one, I used a thicker yarn for the darkest section and a progressively thinner yarn for each the red and  yellow sections.  Knowing the effect of the yarn size I can now make a regular rectangle (as opposed to a trapezoid) with multiple yarns of the same size.  It's as simple as comparing wraps per inch for each yarn used.  I currently use this rug as a cute accessory next to the bed in the spare bedroom.


This knit wallet is also a prototype for a small purse.  I am still waiting for some feedback on the knit pattern from a couple of people before I try to make changes to the pattern itself.  I use this to keep all my account registers together.  It's convenient to have my checkbook and all my registers in the same place at the same time in case I need to visit a banker and fix or inquire about something with one of my accounts.  Plus, the colors are pretty, too.



Blessings and Peace!
Tabi

Tabi's Creating Adventures
TabisCreatingAdventures@gmail.com
www.facbook.com/TabisCreatingAdventures
www.etsy.com/shop/TabisCreatingAdven

No comments:

Post a Comment