08 September 2012

A New Scarf - Sept 2012

Here is one of my favored experiment-type products!  This started out as an attempt at moving outside my comfort zone.  I normally have very basic rules and don't venture out into other techniques or randomness, so here I stepped out to see what would happen (even baby steps count).  The base is a "Grannie stitch" scarf 7.5 inches wide and 60 inches long.  The red, white, light blue, and dark blue "ribbons" are chains of yarn I wove throughout the "Grannie stitch" holes in random order.  Then, I attached the fringe on the end.  I think it turned out pretty well.



Mani the Mannequin was my first model.


Then I had my sister model it because I am so excited about how well it turned out...


... then she wrapped it around MY neck, stole my camera, and snuck a couple shots in... this was the better one.


I hope this was interesting to you!

Blessings and Peace!
Tabi

Tabi's Creating Adventures
TabisCreatingAdventures@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/TabisCreatingAdventures
www.etsy.com/TabisCreatingAdven


No comments:

Post a Comment