22 September 2012

The Orange Stuff - Sept 2012

Upon discovering and purchasing this yarn from a local store downtown, I initially decided I wanted to make a Slouchy Beanie (see: Slouchy Beanie in dark blue) at my sister's suggestion.  After much thought and a little time I decided that the Slouchy Beanie idea wasn't quite right.  A little more thought and a little more time revealed an idea!  This color would be great for running!  If you run early enough it's very wise to wear colors that can be easily seen... so voila!  Perfect match!  I made 5 products from four skeins of yarn.



First: (above) Mani models the Cables Headband (narrow) I made for myself.  The narrow design versus the wide design makes a much easier fit over my ears without the extra bulk, so it's slightly lighter in weight than the wide version.


Second: My fingerless mitts!  I am a medium for what I create, so everything else is based off of that.  I look forward to using these for the first time (tomorrow!)!


Third: Inspired by the size medium fingerless mitts, I made a set of size small fingerless mitts.  I have found that most people interested in the fingerless mitts are either a small or a medium.  This should work out nicely for someone.


Fourth: A second Cables Headband, up for grabs!  


Fifth: For the guys I decided to make a less feminine looking Basketweave Headband.  This one does not have the bunch in the front, instead, it is sewn together at the back without bunching.  Plus, I really like the crochet basket weave pattern!


Blessings and Peace!
Tabi

Tabi's Creating Adventures
TabisCreatingAdventures@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/TabisCreatingAdventures
www.etsy.com/shop/TabisCreatingAdven

No comments:

Post a Comment