09 July 2011

What's A Trivet? Hot Pad Grannie Square Style - May 2011




Both of these are the same hot pad (or, as I learned today, trivet).  Now sitting in my hot pad drawer, this one was an experiment in the middle of a looooonnnng drive across the country (yes, our South Carolina to Washington state drive).  Basically, with about 5 balls of yarn left I decided to make some experimental small projects and this is one of them.  Both sides were made separately and then joined together with a double stitch border.  Each side is 6 rounds of Grannie Square, then I used a double stitch to tie the two together.  I like this because it is a cheap way to acquire hot pads.  If you try this one yourself, though, be sure you are using a yarn that won't melt at extreme heats!

No comments:

Post a Comment