09 July 2011

Other Stuff - a tiny dish rag and another hot pad? May/June 2011


A tiny dish rag, the leftovers of not enough yarn, happens to be a GREAT idea... if you have enough yarn.  So, here's the idea.  Start out like a regular Grannie Square, but for each subsequent round crochet an extra 2 stitches on each side (extra 8 stitches per round).  Yup, that's it.  The two new stitches on each side happen at the beginning and end of each side.  The first one of the round is kind of tricky, but I also like to go "backwards" one stitch and then continue from there so I don't have an awkward seam up the middle of one side.  (Yet another one of those ideas best explained by pictures I didn't take... maybe next time!)



And another hot pad... yeah....  I haven't really used this one yet, but I have PLENTY of hot pads to choose from now! (YAY!)  But this could be used as either a hot pad or a dish rag.  It's a single layer and crocheted with only one ball of yarn.  Very simple, about 30 stitches across for the base for about 38 rows (back and forth), then topped off with a border going around the edges twice.  I like the way this one looks.

If you are interested in any of these projects, please leave a comment and I'll get back with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment