18 July 2011

Japanese Flower - May 2011



A Japanese flower is fun!  I have Mrs. Stupfer to thank for the pattern!  I have a Japanese flower bag that I have yet to line... but as soon as that is done I'll post about it, too!!  I finished up the crochet part on the trip from SC to WA before I did any other projects on that trip!  This particular Japanese flower has no purpose other than a potential coaster at the moment... I haven't decided what to do with the few I made at random... they simply look pretty!

Pattern:
Row 1: chain 6 and slip stitch together.
Row 2: chain 4, double stitch and chain 1 until there are 12 "spokes" then slip stitch to the beginning.
Row 3: chain 5, double stitch and chain 2 until there are 12 "spokes."  (Double stitches should be in the "spaces" or where you chained in the previous row."  Slip stitch to the beginning.
Row 4: chain 3, double stitch 4 stitches per each "space" or chain 2 from previous row.
Row 5: chain 5, anchor, repeat.  Each "anchor" should line up with the "spaces" or chain 2 from two rows before.
Row 6: double stitch 8 stitches per chain 5 of previous row, then anchor in previous row's anchors.

Note: Each anchor can be either a slip stitch or a single crochet, whichever you prefer.  I used slip stitch.

Row 1

Row 2

(Row 3 is missing)

 Row 4

Row 5

Row 6

No comments:

Post a Comment