24 March 2015

Adventures in Tatting - January/February 2015

One of my desires from several years ago is to learn how to tat.  It's amazing how things work out.  I had been involved in social embroidery and appliqué classes at a local quilting shop in Marysville, WA last year and as we were in the process of moving back to Port Orchard, WA there came about a tatting class through the quilt shop with a guest teacher.  Of course I jumped on the opportunity and learned to tat!  Here are the first few little products I made with tatting.  



Above: A small ring which was supposed to be a circle but I read the pattern wrong.  I think it will work well for a doll halo, though.  (I have some 18" doll models and a pattern for making 18" doll clothes.  I'm excited!)


Above: This red and pink heart worked up nicely.  It is about 4" at the widest point and would work well as a bookmark or a decoration.

Below: This red and pink 6" bookmark also worked up nicely.  I am very pleased with how these came out.



Above: My first three products in tatting with the ends all weaved in.  I sent the heart and the bookmark to my mom and sister for Valentine's Day.  


Above: For the last class I learned how to incorporate beads into tatting and made a beaded Christmas wreath, it's about 2" across.  

Below:  As a variation on the beaded Christmas wreath I made this using shimmering gold thread without the beads.  



Above: I liked the Christmas wreath pattern without the beads so much I made more of them and strung them together to make a bookmark measuring 6" in length.  As of this writing, the Christmas wreath bookmark is available through my Facebook page in the "Available for Purchase" album.

Below: A coworker of my mom and sister sent me some tatting supplies and a book.  One of the patterns in the book is a cute edging I think works well as a bookmark.  So, I made a 6" bookmark from the supplies she gave me and sent it to her as a thank you gift which she appreciated very much.


I hope you enjoyed this post!  As always, if you would like more information on any product or service, please contact me through email or Facebook message (listed below).

Blessings!

Tabi
Tabi's Creating Adventures
TabisCreatingAdventures@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/TabisCreatingAdventures

No comments:

Post a Comment