24 March 2015

Adventures in Christmas - November 2014

I don't know about you, but my family has requests of me on occasion.  Yup... sometimes those requests are big or even short notice.  My sister asked for small dog sweaters and my mom asked for a cardigan.  In the end they both appreciated the gifts I made for them.  


I found the pattern for the small dog sweaters (above) in a Google search.  I really liked the Grannie Square pattern and the contrast between colors.  I used the same variegated purple in each of the sweaters, but in one I used a light purple contrast (right) and the other I used a pink contrast (left).  I definitely want to make more critter apparel because it's fun and quick.  Not to mention there have been plenty of people asking about pet accessories.


For Mom, I finally found a pattern I liked that fit her description of what she wanted in a cardigan.  It is light and airy for the feel and she even picked out the color.  After searching online, printing a variety of cardigan/sweater patterns, and looking through my stash of other patterns, I finally decided on the star patterned cardigan from the back of a skein cover of Lion Brand Chenille yarn.  Of all the places I could have found a pattern for this I was actually surprised that a skein cover would have the pattern I needed.  Needless to say, I'm glad I searched all my stash and found all those patterns.  Maybe someday I'll be able to make some more from those patterns I found.  

I hope you enjoyed this post!

Blessings,

Tabi

Tabi's Creating Adventures
TabisCreatingAdventures@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/TabisCreatingAdventures

No comments:

Post a Comment