21 January 2012

Hat and Scarf for My Sis! January 2012

My sister decided she wanted me to make her a hat and scarf, so she found me a pattern and brought it to me!  We found the yarn here in Washington state at a local yarn shop.  I had fun making these two special request items!  The pattern came from a book called *In All Caps: 6 Crochet Designs* from Drew Emborsky (www.thecrochetdude.com) she bought at Hobby Lobby, pattern "slouchy beret."  The pattern is only for the hat, but I was able to alter the hat pattern to make the scarf.  I made it a little long since I kept it rolled up and bound by a short, double-pointed knitting needle... didn't feel like unrolling, checking the length, and re-rolling.


Above is the hat and scarf in Kertzer Norther Worsted yarn, color 222 purple lotus (it's 100% acrylic yarn).  Below are two pictures of my pretty sister modeling her new hat and scarf!



I hope y'all enjoyed this little post!  Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment