30 June 2011

Useful Things - A Grannie Square Bag (2010-2011)



A Grannie Square Bag.  I do not remember when I started this bag for sure but I finished it a few months ago. Inside is lined with a teal cloth that was sewn together in pillow-case fashion and stitched with yarn around the top to hold it in place.  Additionally, it holds quite a bit of yarn and, while it has not been used for groceries, it is still incredibly useful for yarn working on road trips.  That's right, I used this bag to hold all the yarn I could fit into it so I could crochet while Justin drove when we moved across the country.  Some of the things I made from this bag while traveling include a "leftover yarn" pot holder of yellow, orange, green, blue, and maroon; a very small, red dishcloth; and quite a few Japanese flowers, some to finish up a project, others were simply because I had the yarn.

No comments:

Post a Comment