04 June 2012

Socks - May 2012

As you can see, I have completed a pair of basic knit socks... that fit my feet!  This is a huge accomplishment to me because I have been working on socks for a while now.  I still need to iron out a few things on the socks I started a while back and obviously haven't finished yet.  I have tried several techniques for making socks including crochet, bosnian crochet, and knit.  So far, in my humble opinion, this has been the most successful pair for both aesthetics and fit.  The close second (thus far) has been the hand crocheted socks from a few months ago.  My next goal is to make socks that will fit a larger foot based on the same pattern.  After that, I will experiment with various design patterns.  I look forward to popcorn socks, eyelets, and cables!


The neat part about hand-knit socks is they are incredibly warm!  Even without being tossed in the dryer first!

Now it's off to work on some special order projects!

Blessings and Peace!
Tabi

Tabi's Creating Adventures
TabisCreatingAdventures@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment