18 June 2012

Mary Jane Socks - June 2012

I'm really liking this sock thing!  As a result of a post about socks one lady started talking about some Mary Jane style socks she used to have.  That conversation lead to a special order request.  I am glad I worked this pair out.  It helped me realize I have more sock abilities and understanding that I originally thought!  Now, all I need to do is break away from the stockinette stitch and add repeating patterns to them.



The two pictures above are the first attempt at the Mary Jane pattern from a book I bought.  They turned out much smaller than women's 6-9 shoe size so I deemed them to be "kid's size."

Below are two pictures of the adult sized Mary Jane socks.  I altered the pattern so it would work out better for me.  The difference between the two bottom pictures is that the first one is only the finished yarn work.  The second has the embellishments and bottom-side grippies (not shown).  In other words, the bottom pair are truly finished.  If only I had a model for them!  I think it would be great to see these Mary Jane socks where they belong... on someone's feet!



I hope you enjoyed the post today!  

Blessings and Peace!

Tabi =-)



For more information please leave a comment or contact me:

Tabi of Tabi's Creating Adventures
TabisCreatingAdventures@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/TabisCreatingAdventures

No comments:

Post a Comment