30 May 2012

Viking Helmet and Mask - May 2012

A while back a friend of mine from church showed me a picture of a viking helmet and mask.  He asked if I could make something like it, but it was just a curiosity.  More recently he asked if I could make it for real.  So I did.  Here is the finished product!


Above: the crocheted hat and mask.
Below: modeled by my friend Jerry.


I adapted a hat pattern from a book my sister gave me in order to make the helmet and horn.  From there, I crocheted the mask base.  Once each of those pieces was made I strung the yarn and tied it to the base for the beard.  The mask/beard is attached to the helmet/hat by two buttons on the inside so the hat can be worn separately from the beard.

I hope you enjoyed this little random request!

Blessings and Peace!

Tabi

No comments:

Post a Comment