11 April 2012

Japanese Flower Bag #2 - April 2012

As requested by a friend and customer, the Japanese Flower Bag #2 is a piecewise work of art!  I enjoyed making this bag with all it's bumps and kinks and found the end result satisfying.  Upon my friend liking the original Japanese Flower Bag, I began talking to her about different possibilities and she became excited about a customized bag for her.  After she choose the three colors she wanted I drew up a variety of color schemes and had her choose which one she liked best.  We looked at drawings twice for a satisfactory color pattern.  Once I knew what I needed, I found the yarn and put my nose to the grind!  The following pictures tell the story of how this bag was made starting with the drawing my friend selected.

J. The color pattern selected for this special order project.

The yarn I found.  I was actually surprised to see this yarn was Red Heart because it is super soft compared to a lot of Red Heart yarn I have used before.  The black is especially soft.

The first Japanese flower.

And the second joined to the first.



It's beginning to take shape!

After some time was put into this bag I took what I had (one side and most of the edges and bottom) to find material for the liner.  Here, the purple liner material is folded to show the contrast.

Liner, made and laid out.

Though it's kind of hard to see here, I made the liner with two big pockets and two little pockets inside.

The finished bag!

The two handle-straps.

Inside held open.


I would like to again take a moment to remember Ms. Carol and her late husband Mr. Bruce.  Thank you for the pattern, support, and inspiration you have shown me.

Blessings and Peace,
Tabi

No comments:

Post a Comment