30 September 2011

Scarf, A Side Pattern - Sept 2011

The whole purpose for this scarf was to use some yarn I found at the church's thrift store.  The pastor's wife wanted to have a thrift store for a long time and finally opened it about a year ago.  People bring in donations, she sorts through them, prices them, and sells them to people who come in looking for stuff.  She has mostly clothing, but also a lot of other stuff, too.  I happened to come in at the right time to buy this partial skein, from her, then later a lady donated a big bag of yarn (which I also bought for $5!) and knitting needles... needless to say I have more yarn and knitting needles than I know what to do with!  Now if only I could find enough crochet hooks and Tunisian crochet hooks to finish those sets!  (I'm still missing a few sizes of knitting needles, but I have soooooo many I don't know what sizes I'm actually missing yet!)


This is a pattern I found in one of my Knitting Made Easy books (I only have two).  It's super simple!  But since I don't want to copy write the pattern, I'll cite the book!

Knitting Made Easy
Beginner Basics, Illustrated Stitches, Updated Techniques
Featuring Red Heart Yarns - www.redheart.com
Distributed in the USA by Coats and Clark, Greer, SC 29650 

Blessings and Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment