02 September 2011

An Experiment in Clothing... June 2011

All right!  Let's follow this logic of experimenting with clothing!!

First of all, this **is** my first article of clothing ever made **with** a pattern!!  With that in mind, I believe it came out nicely.  This is the New Look pattern 6515 bin 117 size A 8-18.  My attempt was variation B with shorter sleeves.

As you can see in the photo below, I managed to cut out all of the pattern pieces (I think!).  Sometimes reading the patterns can be quite tricky!  Oh what I would have given to have someone with experience there to help me with this one!


Between here, there, and yonder I managed to get it all sewn together... hopefully close to what the pattern showed.  Below is the finished product.  Looks nice, right?


I made this for the largest size it showed (18 misses) and, as you can see, it still came out snug!!  Surely I haven't gained THAT much weight in the last 4 years!!  Maybe it's because I sewed it together weird... yeah... we'll go with that....


Overall, I feel accomplished by the completion of this shirt.  It is a learning experience for certain!  But now I know how to do things a little differently so maybe the next one will FIT!!

Blessings!!

No comments:

Post a Comment