09 March 2023

Adventures in Sack Socks





   
Do you collect grocery bags? They make great trash sacks, but it can be hard to keep them organized. Some people stow them under a cabinet, others put bags inside other bags, but I like to keep my grocery bags in a sack sock. I actually have 2 sack socks in use at the moment. Both were gifted to me. That's where I got the idea to make sack socks for others.
 


These sack socks were made from a stretchy nurses' uniform material. Originally, they were supposed to be sold  through a friend's shop, but she ended up not being able to continue her shop due to the demands on her from her main job. 

I used a 15 inch by 10 inch piece of fabric, 2 elastic bands to stretch to 10 inches each, and a strip of fabric 2 inches wide folded for the loop. While there is more than one way to construct a sack sock, I prefer to sew up the side first, then sew the elastic "pockets" leaving an allowance for the elastic to be run (placing the hanging loop at the top), running the elastic, then sewing the elastic together before closing the elastic "pockets" to finish. 

I hope you enjoy this product as much as I do!

Many Blessings,

Tabitha

Tabi's Creating Adventures

 

If you would like more information, feel free to connect with me at one of the mediums below:

TabisCreatingAdventures@gmail.com

www.facebook.com/TabisCreatingAdventures

tenacious141b (Instagram)

https://payhip.com/TabiElrod

No comments:

Post a Comment