16 November 2021

Adventures in a Prayer Shawl


So, my husband's grandparents passed away not that long ago and I received most of Nana's crafting supplies and leftovers.  One of the groupings (yes, it was grouped together in a plastic bag) was the yarn and crochet hook used to start something.  Since there wasn't enough yarn to make a blanket and the shape wasn't quite right for a scarf, I figured this was supposed to be a prayer shawl (or at least some sort of shoulder covering).  

 Conclusion drawn and pattern identified, I set to work.  The white yarn was just enough to finish the shape and the light purple, also included in this grouping, was the perfect amount to accent with a simple border.  It is just the right size to drape over the shoulders; Nana must have been pretty good at estimating how much yarn she needed to make something.

 As for the rest of the story... I finished it and mailed it to the last church where she was a member in her lifetime, hoping they would appreciate the memory item of Nana's.  A few weeks later I received the package back with a note inside stating that one of the ladies groups in the church thought it more suitable for the family to have such an item and since I had finished it, they wanted me to have it.  Now, it sits on our dresser, still in the box, because I do not currently have a place to keep it.  Maybe someday I will have a space carved out just for me and I'll have it handy.  For now, though, I'll think about Nana and the church every time I walk past the dresser where it sits.


Blessings and Peace!

Tabitha

 

If you would like more information, feel free to connect with me at one of the mediums below:

Tabi's Creating Adventures

TabisCreatingAdventures@gmail.com

www.facebook.com/TabisCreatingAdventures

https://payhip.com/TabiElrod

No comments:

Post a Comment