21 February 2012

Fingerless Mitts Fandango! - Feb 2012

I had the idea to make some fingerless mitts and started with one pair... then bought several skeins of yarn to make several more pair... and now I'm hoping I'll be making my way back to socks again soon!  The best part: it only takes about 2 hours to make a pair of short fingerless gloves with the Angel Hair brand yarn I found!  All of these are crocheted, but I do have plans for a pair or so of knitted fingerless mitts in the works.  I'm excited!


Above: linked double crochet (ldc) short fingerless mitts in green variegated 100% cotton yarn.  This pair was harder on the hands to make because it is a cotton yarn.  I never realized how tiring it is to work with a yarn with so little give!  If you or some one you know is a beginning knitter or crocheter, start with anything but cotton!  I enjoy the way these came out though, very nice pattern.

Below: The bottom 5 pictures are all short fingerless mitts made with Angel Hair Yarn (or Angel Hair Stripes) and size I hook with all single crochets (sc).  Many are made with more than one color/pattern of the yarn.  These have been a BLAST to make!  I'm still working on the pattern, so if you're interested, let me know!  (tabiscreatingadventures@gmail.com)







God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment