21 August 2023

Adventures in Quilted Cup Cozies


In this installment of Tabi's Creating Adventures, we're looking at the beginning of a product line. Previously, I had made cup cozies by knit or crochet and put applique motifs on them; this time I decided to play with cup cozies by quilting. Not to say that the knit and crochet versions are no more, but rather that I am expanding into a new (to me) method of making cup cozies.

 
 
Above is my first demo. I designed this one with a Velcro closure and carried it in my purse to see how well I like using it. (My favorite local coffee shop is great about letting me use my own cup cozies.) Functionally, it's great! Then I asked, "What if it didn't have a closure?" After thinking about how to design a solid round cup cozie for a while, I finally came up with an idea!

Below are my second two demos. These two are solid round cup cozies (no Velcro closure) and based off of two different paper cup cozie designs. One worked much better than the other, so that made the decision for which one to use for future cup cozies much easier. One template was simple and straight forward while the other had some notches that made the construction a bit difficult. In the end, the template with the notches cinched up at the bottom and made the cozie too tight to fit the coffee cups, while the simple design template has fit each coffee cup well.


Overall, the experimentation with quilted cup cozies has been interesting. The one I will be using for the product line is the solid round, simple design (bottom picture, the one on the cup) primarily because of how straight forward it was to put together. There are a few details to iron out, but I look forward to sharing a full line of quilted cup cozies in the future!

I hope you enjoyed this little update.

Blessings and Peace!
Tabitha

Tabi's Creating Adventures

 

If you would like more information, feel free to connect with me at one of the mediums below:

TabisCreatingAdventures@gmail.com

www.facebook.com/TabisCreatingAdventures

tenacious141b (Instagram)

https://payhip.com/TabiElrod  

No comments:

Post a Comment